Skip to main content

Samsung SCX-3405FW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax




This is a nice little multifunction unit that is quiet.   It installed easily but slowly.   The software installation took quite awhile but it does need to install software for faxing, printing, scanning and copying.  

On the other hand, the wireless installation went very smoothly.   My E1200n router does not have the easy button that Samsung was looking to find.  However once I opened the router software up, it had a software easy install button and once I pushed it and the button on the printer, Viola!, I had connection.  

The wireless connection was very fast.  I was also impressed with the high quality of the scan and the copy.  I didn’t even test the fax part, it is nice to have if you need it but I have only sent and received two faxes in maybe four or five years. 

I was not impressed with the screen on the unit.  It is hard to read head on and practically impossible to read from any angle.

The software installed without a skip on Win7, Vista and XP.   I test printed from all three OS without a flaw.   This unit sells for $163.28 at Amazon and appears to be a very good value.

Stats:
Fast, compact Black & White Laser Multifunction Printer with easy Built-in Wireless setup.    Fast 21 ppm speeds and quick first page out time for less time waiting.    10,000 Monthly duty cycle for more reliability from your printer.

Consumables:
The toner is Samsung MLT-D101S/XAA Toner 1.5K Yield (ML-2165W, SCX-3405FW, SF-760P) $61.24 at Amazon and $82 at Staples.  

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...