Skip to main content

Sapphire Radeon HD5450 Video Card--Incompatible with Windows 7

Originally posted 12/18/11 Revised and re-posted 7/4/12. After innumerable “display driver has stopped responding” messages and waiting for my screen to come back up I have given up on this video card.   I have tried every solution I was able to find on the web.   NONE of them have worked.   I pulled the card and have not found any issues since I uninstalled the drivers and removed the card. 
I can NOT recommend this card for use with Windows 7.    

First off, if you are a gamer I did not test this with any games. I got it to keep my on board video card from grabbing RAM from my base memory. That feature seems to work just fine. This is a very good video card for the price. The onboard 1gb off DDR3 memory just astounds me. Keep in mind that my computer roots go back to computers that had 64k of memory, let alone video cards with 1gb of RAM.

It does include the low profile bracket.
SAPPHIRE
Model
100292DDR3L
Form Factor
Low Profile Ready
Low Profile Bracket Included
Yes
Interface
Interface
PCI Express 2.1 x16
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer
ATI
GPU
Radeon HD 5450
Core Clock
650MHz
Stream Processors
80 Stream Processing Units
Memory
Effective Memory Clock
1600MHz
Memory Size
1GB
Memory Interface
64-bit
Memory Type
DDR3
3D API
DirectX
DirectX 11
OpenGL
OpenGL 3.2
Ports
HDMI
1 x HDMI
D-SUB
1 x D-SUB
DVI
1 x DVI
General
Cooler
Fanless
Dual-Link DVI Supported
Yes
HDCP Ready
Yes
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts
2 years limited
Labor
2 years limited

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...