Skip to main content

Yale Assure Lock Push Button Keypad with Z-Wave, Satin Nickel - Works with Your Smart Home, Including SmartThings and Wink (YRD216ZW2619)



I’m always conflicted on how to be fair on some complex products.  I like the idea and concept behind the product.  However it is possible that a different viewpoint would find this superior to my own.   I found the Bilt app for three D installation help to be cute but not really helpful.  Sadly I’m old school and like detailed written instructions.  I found the instructions lacking.  The build quality seems very durable but the installation more complex than comfortable.   I also saw that the lock can be easily picked by someone willing to search for as hack online.   Overall, quality is good, instructions are mediocre and complex.   Perhaps after installing two or three of these I would like it but with installation of one, I did not.  My old mechanical deadbolt is back on the door.

 From the vendor:
·                        Lock, unlock, see current status, receive notifications and manage pin codes with compatible Z-Wave smart home or alarm systems including SmartThings, Wink, Vera, Honeywell and Iris (features vary)
·                        Unlock and lock your home without the hassle of keys using the lock keypad
·                        Replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver, Requires a face bore hole of 2-1/8", backset of 2-3/8" or 2-3/4". Fits on standard doors 1 3/4" to 2 1/4" thick
·                        Push button keypad with backlit numbers that won't wear off
·                        Quiet motorized deadbolt


If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.  I would be more disappointed if I had purchased this at full price but I did get the product free for an honest review.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...