Skip to main content

Customer Service Comparison: Samsung=F; Gillette=A+




I recently opened an eight pack of Gillette Fusion razor blades. My first shave was miserable.  Changing blades I got the same result.  This led me to believe that I may have had a defective batch of blades.  I called the 800 number on the packaging.  No hold time, I got someone almost immediately.  He apologized for my problem and asked me a fair number of questions.  He then told me he would send me coupons to replace the blades at no charge to me.   He asked me to hold on to the blades and he would forward the information to his quality control people.   He said they might want the blades back and if so they would send me a prepaid envelope for return shipping.   I hung up the phone and was impressed with the ease in which my problem was handled.  Kudos to Gillette!

Samsung on the other hand needs to take a little direction from Gillette.  The business model is similar.  You take the engine, whether it is a laser printer or a razor and you provide it inexpensively.  Then you generate your profits on the consumables such as laser toner cartridges or razor blades.    My brother replaced a Samsung toner cartridge due to its toner being depleted.  He replaced it with a Samsung brand cartridge rather than a generic cartridge that was approximately half the cost of the brand name cartridge.  He always uses the brand name cartridge so he has a reputable warranty.   The new Samsung cartridge was defective.

Multiple chats and calls with Samsung customer service ensued.

After conflicting information from different agents, he received an email from corporate stating they did not approve replacement and they need more information.  

As of my writing this post, he has waited 18 days and he still has no replacement toner cartridge.

Samsung has successfully turned a loyal customer into an irate customer.  It would seem that Samsung could learn a great deal from Gillette.
  

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...