Skip to main content

Black & Decker ASI300 Air Station Inflator - Electric Air Compressor



This little inflator does the job.   It quickly pumped up my wheelbarrow tire.  The design could use work though.   Even though I purchased it due to it’s ability to be run from AC or DC, I’m not happy with their implementation.   It works fine but the cigarette lighter adapter gets in the way of the AC power cord.  The AC power cord is so short that it necessitates using an extension cord to be able to get close to anything you hope to inflate.   Lastly it should have a molded handle on the top.  They could have just extruded a little more plastic and given you a handy handle. 

There are two snap on attachments in a nook on the bottom of the unit.  That was smart design, they are handy but not in the way.   I guess it looks like something designed by a committee, some good ideas and some not so good.   I don’t like the plastic inflator valve.   That should be metal.  

As far as performance, it works fine.   I had a full blown compressor that I returned due to an immediate (when assembling) crimp in the air hose that prevented it from working correctly.   That had a metal inflation valve but the immediate failing of the hose negated the good thinking on the valve.  

This Black and Decker inflator works well, I am just surprised that a company like B&D would not provide a better design.  The price is reasonable ($45 at Amazon) but still for $45 I think including a handle, a longer AC cord and a metal valve would not inflate the price dramatically.
           

    Inflates lawnmower, bike, and vehicle tires, sports balls, and other items quickly and easily
    Space-saving, portable design
    EZ air dial for instant shut-off when correct air pressure has been reached
    Weighs 6.1 pounds; 2-year warranty
    Includes standard tire nozzle, needle inflator, and extension nozzle

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...