Skip to main content

Leviton 47611-GT4 10/100Mbps 4-Port Internet Gateway by Leviton


 

This little four port switch integrated right into my network.  I didn’t read any directions,  I plugged it in, put a cat5 cable in the WAN port, hooked up my laptop and bingo, it was there.   I must say that is so refreshing, considering the number of supposedly plug and play devices I have looked at lately that were anything but plug and play. 

The device comes with a rack mount bracket that can be removed.   I left it on  because it gave it enough height so I could situate it behind my KVM switch and still see the lights.   This is a nice little switch.

·                     Connects to a Category 5e Voice and Data Module with Category 5 or Category 5e patch cords
·                     Cascade additional switches or hubs from any LAN port with auto-detect uplink, designed for up to 253 connections
·                     UPnP (universal plug-and-play) allows automatic discovery and configuration of the Gateway
·                     Built-in NAT firewall protects networks from outside observation and provides secure communication for network users
·                     Customizes web access and filters unwanted sites with URL blocking feature
From the Manufacturer:
Leviton's 10/100Mbps 4-Port Internet Gateway allows multiple users to utilize a single, secure, high-speed broadband (DSL or cable) Internet connection, and it creates a private network for home, small office or school environments. 10/100Mbps 4-Port Internet Gateway.
Product Description:
High-Speed 4-port 10/100 Mbps switch with ethernet router, for DSL cable and more, Share one broadband Internet connection among multiple computers, share information, share the net and play games. Built-In firewall protects your data from hackers; customize web access to filter unwanted site with URL blocking feature. Power adapter and removable bracket for use with other applications included.


If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...