Skip to main content

Whose reading this?

Who reads my blog? Damnifino! There are so few comments and none of those have been very revealing. I am no looking for names but whys. Who are you and why do you care what I write? My insatiable curiosity has provided me with a wealth of amusing incidents over the years. My earliest recollection of being burnt by my curiosity is kindergarten. Early in my kindergarten career, prior to any reading skills, I noticed a bright red button on the wall, near the steps outside our classroom. Several times I endeavored to push it but my mittens prevented me from fully depressing the button. One day I left my mittens at home so I wouldn’t be forced to put them on. As we went up the steps for recess, I was finally able to fully depress the pretty red button and set off the fire alarm. After the evacuation and re-entrance to the school, my sixth grade sister was instructed to walk me home. I clearly recollect that she was not happy with me. I vaguely recollect that my Dad was not overly concerned but did suggest my curiosity would need watching.

So curiosity ruling, who are you and why do you read this stuff? Where are you? Is there anything you want to know about within reason? As an ex-teacher, I thrive on feed back and waste away when I get buttkus. The worst classes I ever taught were college level entry to computers to adult students who were required to take the course by their employers. Many of them weren’t particularly thrilled with their job, let alone being told that after work, on their own time, they had to take a course. Exacerbating the problem was that it was Russian Roulette time finding enough computers in the computer lab that actually worked. The day students reveled in screwing up the computers. So there I was trying to get a group of unwilling, un-wanting, uncaring folks excited about technology. Talk about minimum feedback, wow, it was much harder than pulling teeth. I hated it, worse class, I ever taught, most likely for the students too.

Feedback, give me some, PLEASE. I don’t need names, but I sure would like to know what motivates your reading my blog. What would you like to see me write about. I am cognizant that your feedback may not be to my liking, tsk, that is the beauty of the blog, I can write what I want whether you like it or not. However, I would like to get some feedback, good, bad or indifferent, it will be enlightening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...