Skip to main content

Duck Butts

I am watching two ducks bob for who knows what. For some demented reason I find ducks butts funny. Of course, many things I find funny are not particularly amusing to the rest of the world. Admittedly Monty Python influenced my retired not dead handle. Why dead cows, attack rabbits and shrubbery are funny is hard to explain. Equally the time my dear wife was choking on a pickle, her loving husband and two loving sons, laughed themselves to tears before using the Heimlich. When pushing my granddaughter on the swing and the swing hits me in the chest she finds it hysterical. Humor is interpreted and subjective in so many ways.

Humor is crucial to well being. Laughter makes you feel better. Instead of flipping off the guy who just cut you off, laugh at what an incredible imbecile he/she is. Way healthier than blowing your top. We have friends coming tomorrow that we laugh a lot with. Every time we get together we laugh, often to the point of shortness of breath and tears. Perhaps most importantly, we laugh at ourselves. Sure we laugh at each other but our friendship is so strong that we can laugh at ourselves. Friends like that are rare and deeply appreciated. They keep us centered, keep us from getting too self assured and they keep us healthy.

So the next time you see a duck’s butt, laugh! It is good for you and you got to admit, there is something really funny about that darn feathery butt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...