Skip to main content

Bulbrite LED11A19/827/D 11-Watt (60-Watt) Dimmable LED A19, Medium Base, Warm White



I compared this bulb to the GE 13-Watt Energy SmartTM - 60 watt replacement compact fluorescent bulb.   This bulb is slightly smaller and is a more traditional shape than the coiled CF bulb.   This bulb did not get as hot as the CF bulb.  The visible light output was identical to my naked eye.  The CF bulb claims 825 lumens while the LED bulb claims 800 lumens.   Each are an economical method of replacing traditional incandescent lights.  The CF bulb claimed 13 watts used and the LED claimed 11 watts.  The CF bulb is not dimmable where as the LED bulb is dimmable. The CF bulb claims 8000 hours of use where as the LED bulb claims 24966 hours of use.  Besides waste heat and dim ability the major difference is price.  The LED bulb is $21.00 plus each and the CF is $1.53 each.   I think once the price on the LED bulb technology drops they will be a very viable alternative.  They are useful now in situations where you want to be able to dim the fixture and for those locations where it is difficult to change bulbs the LED makes sense due to it's increased lifespan.  

·                        Included in the box is: 1- 11 Watt Dimmable LED A19, warm white
·                        Perfect bulb for ceiling fixtures, chandeliers, outdoor fixtures, portable lamps and vanity lighting applications
·                        Optimized driver offers smooth dimming and is compatible with a wider variety of dimmers
·                        11 watts; 800 lumens; 80 CRI; 25,000 hour average rated life; Medium (E26) Base
·                        Dimensions: Maximum Overall Length is 4.13 (Inch); Bulb Diameter is 2.63 (Inch)

If reviewing a product, it may have been received free of charge. That will NEVER have a bearing on my recommendations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Samsung FlipShot-ho hum

I just got the Samsung FlipShot aka SCH-U900. If you haven’t noticed by now, I am very family oriented, specifically focused on grandchildren. I frequently lament that I don’t have my camera on me. However, I always have my phone on me. Thusly I wanted a phone with a decent camera. The FlipShot comes close. Samsung claims it is a 3 megapixel camera with flash and zoom. The photos are not what I would consider decent from a digital camera but compared to my last phone/camera, they are much better. The phone has a slot for a micro sd memory card. I popped a 2gb card in there for saving my photos. I have not been able to find a way to default the photos to the memory card. You have to manually move them. I haven’t given up and perhaps in a software upgrade there will be a way to get them to the card without moving them manually. Getting them off of the phone is interesting. If you don’t buy Samsung’s charging/data cable, you can send them to yourself and get them on your pc that way. You ...

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review

Troy-Bilt 2700 PSI 2.3 GPM Gas Pressure Washer Review Item #: 75140 | Model #: 20414 When I started this blog, I assumed I would be only talking tech. Well that led to philosophic musing and then comments on other stuff. I’m not sure where a pressure washer fits but regardless I am writing about it. I was power washing the mildew off the siding and thought the odor was the detergent I was using. When I looked over my shoulder and saw the grey smoke pouring out of the pressure washer, I realized what the odor really was. Considering the age of my venerable electric power washer, I concluded that discretion being the better part of safety and how water and electricity don’t play well, I trashed my old power washer. After much research, I found the Troy-Bilt 20414 was the best bang for the buck I could find. Keep in mind I am a consumer, not some testing house, so I make my purchases based on research and price point. I wanted electric but my boys who participated in the purchase, ...

Arlo Security System by NETGEAR – 6 Wire–Free HD Cameras, Indoor/Outdoor, Night Vision (VMS3630B)

This is an interesting system.  The absolutely wire free aspect is great, particularly if you have a wife is diametrically opposed to visible cables.   The visual aspect of the cameras is great even at night.  The installation or setup was a breeze.   The cameras synced quickly with no issues.   The required an immediate upgrade via download and four of the six cameras did that flawlessly.   The other two took multiple restarts to get the update successfully accepted.   The phone software works well and I was easily able to see the cameras remotely.   So my initial impression is very positive. I did receive this system in exchange for an honest review.   The documentation for this system is abysmal.   There is no identification on the cameras to determine which of Arlo’s cameras they may be.  This makes it difficult to determine what is expected of the camera.   ...